The TRAVEL EXTRA Travel Writer of the Year Awards 2013 are now open for entries. Journalists are invited to enter and editors are also invited to nominate or submit entries on behalf of their contributors.
The winners of these awards will be announced at Holiday World Show 2014, RDS at an evening reception and dinner sponsored by the Spanish Tourist Board and Salou Tourist Board on Friday 24th January 2014.
This year there are eleven categories to the awards. For each category there is a substantial prize of a holiday. The overall winner, chosen from the 11 category winners, will receive an additional holiday prize.
Entries are invited for work published or broadcast in the year 2013 in the following categories:
- Home market – Category sponsor: Fáilte Ireland
- Long haul – Category sponsor: Sunway
- Northern Ireland – Category sponsor: Northern Ireland Tourist Board
- Social media – Category sponsor: Clickandgo
- Short break – Category sponsor: Cassidy Travel
- Skiing – Category sponsor: Topflight
- Sun holiday – Category sponsor: Falcon Holidays
- Broadcast Production – Category sponsor: Istop shop
- Travel Book (new category) – Category sponsor: Lowcostholidays
- Newcomer – Category sponsor: Thomas Cook
- Spain – Category sponsor: Spanish Tourist Board
- Overall – Category sponsor: Maltese Tourist Board
The overall winner of the Travel Journalist of the Year Award will be chosen from the category winners.
Articles should be printed out in hard copy with contact details for the entrant. Note that material submitted will not be returned to you after the awards presentation.
Please post or courier entries by 10th January at the latest to:
TRAVEL EXTRA Travel Writer awards, Limelight Communications, 60 Grand Canal Street Upper, Dublin 4.
Please feel free to copy this email to any colleague you think may also be interested.
Thank you and good luck with your entry.